Wednesday, December 16, 2015

#PerfectFoodles - Citrus salad with feta and parsley

My love for Citrus borders on obsession as you know. So I was pretty excited to get my hands on some fab Organic Santras (as oranges are called in India) last week from Luv Thy Farmer. They were wiped out by the kids before I could say Orange juice! I did manage to make a marmalade out of a few so I could preserve some of the sun warmed goodness of our pure Indian Santras - pure Santra in a bottle but that's more or less over as well. And one afternoon when Aman was at school and Natasha was asleep, I indulged in a bowl of this lovely salad I had foodled a while ago. I developed it a few years ago for My Nature's Basket Salad series. I used up the last of some Feta in olive oil I had in the fridge and snipped up a handful of lovely flat leaf parsley. Santras are still around; try this before they are all gone!

Citrus Salad with Feta and Parsley 
Serves: 4 Time: 15 mins

Ingredients:
3 c orange segments
½ c whole leaves of flat leaf Parsley
1 ½ c feta or fresh paneer, cubed
1 ½ tbsp fresh or preserved red chillies sliced thinly
1 tbsp Zest of Orange
Juice of half a lemon
Salt and pepper to taste

Method:
Combine everything in a mixing bowl. Toss well and chill until ready to serve.

Enjoy!

GYAAN and Links
Find Feta and Parsley at Natures Basket 
Order Oranges and Mosambis straight from a farm at Luv Thy Farmer

1 comment:

Gaurav Sharma said...

Great Use of Oranges in salad. I am also Indian but never assume that oranges can be used in such a innovative way.