Im not one for resolutions either. I prefer to make promises to myself.
But I am one for reflection. Its important every once in a while to stop and take stock... of where one has reached and where one is going. I used to do this at the end of every year. There are only 3 years since I was 15 that I haven't done this. The years I lost my Dad and brother and last year - 2012 when I was in the vortex of running a new company and dealing with the preasures of juggling that, family and home. It was very difficult. But things took an upward turn in 2013.
2013 was the year I. ..
- ran APB Cook Studio for a year...
|My Nani sees first copy of my book|
- created, curated and TAUGHT my No Reservations World Cuisine course!
|World Cuisine Course at APB|
- designed a revolutionary food product for a large company.
- successfully curated a whole kids cooking module for Godrej Natures Basket.
- sold my first foodle!
- Got published for the first time!! (My book A Pinch of This, A Handful of That is now on the shelves.) Giving my grandmother her copy was the high point of this year for me.
- mentored my first intern - Shivani Unakar was a joy to have in my life. Wish her the brightest food career possible.
|Framed Foodles for sale|