- Instagramers - Show us your best 'Pickleface' ! Eat a face puckering pickle, take a selfie/picture and share with us using #Pickleface !
- Video Bloggers - Traditional pickle recipes will make great video content. Here is
- Food Bloggers - this is a fantastic way to be inspired and create content! Write about pickles, compile listicles on regional pickles, pickle sellers (look at mine at the end of this post). Share stories and memories of pickle making, or pickles and their recipes from your family or regional cuisine. All great ideas for blogposts/articles with unique content. Go blog and write! And share links with us using hashtag #AchaarDay. For example, read Saher’s blog on Konkani Muslim Lonchas and Aparna's blog on Andhra Avakai from last year.
- Chefs, restaurants and/or food outlets - Do your serve unusual Pickles or pickle-based dishes? Tell the world using #AchaarDay hashtag.
- Remember to use the #AacharDay hashtag!
|Pickle making is messy business!|
- Eat Achaar
- Recipes - Pull out family recipes, get together with the elders in your family and make achaar. Document recipes. Share regional, community and family pickle recipes and stories.
- Have a Pickle making session with family and friends
- Can’t or don’t want to get your hands dirty? Share pictures, videos, stories and favourite memories of Achaar, achaar wallaas favourite achaars eaten at homes or local food outlets.
- Take your pickle to #AchaarDay party! Have a pickle potluck. Cook up a huge batch of Dal rice and rotis, and invite everyone to bring an achaar! Pickle heaven!
- Ditch the supermarket and buy local regional pickle, try new things, here is a list of pickle makers I have compiled. (Do share any others you might know.
Type of Pickles Available
Makes a whopping 12-15 types of pickles. Some Punjabi and others her own including mutton, chicken, pork and kheema pickle. ALo caters.
Gujarati Pickles (And Gujarati Pop-ups)
Parsi Lagan nu achaar, Bombil pickle, Vasanu, Tarapori Patio, Dudhi Murabba and more.
Parsi Prawn and Brinjal pickles and more to come.
(Also Parsi catering)
Sindhi and Kutchi Pickles
Bengali Pickles and relishes and more
Fantastic signature pickles, amazinf Bengali and other food pop up meals in Bandra.
(Different from above)
Chicken, Pork, Prawn, Mutton, Jackfruit, Lotus Stem, Mushroom
Gujarati Pickles and some others as well.
Lovely South Indian artisanal pickles
Largest selection of pickles from around India
North East Indian Pickles
Assamese Bhoot Jolokia, Jolpai pickles and North East cuisine pop-ups
Goan Sorpotel (On order) and some fabulous Goan food on order.
Pathare Prabhu pickles (On order) and Pathare Prabhu food on order.